EMAIL THIS PAGE TO A FRIEND

Akusherstvo i ginekologiia

[Short - term combined 5-nitroimidazole treatment in vaginal dysbacteriosis with dominant anaerobic species].


PMID 21916313

Abstract

The aim of this study is to investigate the effectiveness of short-term, combined 5-nitroimidazole treatment in vaginal dysbacteriosis with dominant anaerobic species. The presence of infection was proven by microscopic examination of vaginal fluid (Nugent, modified by Ison-Hay-Keane scale), microbiological culture, and by clinical symptoms (Amsel). 179 patients were included in our study. Clinical and microbiological examinations were performed prior to the treatment and at the end of the study (day 8 after the first dose of short- term combined 5-nitroimidazole treatment). The treatment included applications of 1 g BID tinidazole for two days and vaginal suppositories of 1000mg metronidazol at day 1 and 3. Based on the microbiological tests prior to the treatment Gardnerella vaginalis alone was present in 132 patients (73.7%). The rest of the patients, 47 or 26.3% of the treatment group, the infection was present by mixture of several anaerobic species. At the end of the treatment 83.2% of the treated population showed no clinical symptoms of dysbacteriosis, and 73.7% of the treated patients showed no dysbacteriosis in microbiological test results. Based on the results mentioned above it was determined that the short-term combined 5-nitroimidazole therapy was effective in treatment of vaginal dysbacteriosis with dominant anaerobic species.

Related Materials

Product #

Image

Description

Molecular Formula

Add to Cart

141615
4-Nitroimidazole, 97%
C3H3N3O2