The Imprint® DNA Modification Kit contains all of the reagents necessary for complete bisulfite conversion and subsequent purification of DNA samples. DNA is chemically denatured to allow bisulfite reagent to react specifically with single-stranded DNA, thereby deaminating cytosine and creating a uracil residue. Converted DNA is suitable for a variety of downstream applications including Methylation-Specifc PCR, methylation sequencing, and pyrosequencing, as well as methylation microarray.
Imprint® DNA Modification Kit has been used for bisulfite modification of DNA.
Features and Benefits
- Only 50 picograms of DNA or 20 cells are required
- Procedure takes less than 2 hours
- Greater than 99% conversion rate
- Extremely low degradation
- Option of convenient one-step protocol
- Consistent and reproducible Bisulfite Modification
- Can be used with genomic, endonuclease digested, and FFPE DNA
Storage and Stability
All components can be stored at room temperature. Each vial of DNA Modification Powder is sufficient for ten DNA modifications. Once dissolved, the solution can be stored at -20 °C for one week, kept away from light. Before use, the frozen solution must be thawed at room temperature and vortexed for two minutes.
Imprint is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC