Poly-D-lysine hydrobromide is used for the following applications:
- Used in animal cell culture
- Rat cortical neuron cultures
- Cell culture and siRNA treatment
- Primary cell cultures and adult neuronal network model
- Cortical astrocyte culture
- Immunofluorescence staining (HDF cells were plated onto poly-D lysine (P0899, Sigma-Aldrich) coated glass coverslips)
- NPC collection and culture conditions
Poly-D-lysine polymers can be used in preparing surfaces for cell attachment. The D-lysine polymers can also be used with cells that digest poly-L-lysine polymers and cause an excessive uptake of L-lysine.
This product is recommended as a cell culture substratum when using 0.5 - 1.0 mL of a 0.1 mg/mL solution to coat 25 cm2. Lower molecular weight versions of the product are less viscous, but high more molecular weight versions provide more attachment sites per molecule.