Assurance® GDS, genetic detection system, for E. coli O157:H7 Tq is an automated nucleic acid amplification system for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 in food and environmental samples. The proprietary PickPen® IMS-based sample preparation procedure quickly and effectively captures E. coli O157:H7, separating the pathogen from inhibitory background materials ensuring valid PCR reactions for all sample types, including challenging food and environmental samples. Assurance® GDS PCR technology provides two additional levels of specificity through the use of both highly specific primers and probes to ensure accurate detection of E. coli O157:H7.
GDS, genetic detection system, for E. coli O157:H7 Tq is an automated nucleic acid amplification system for the detection of pathogenic E. coli O157:H7 in foods, ingredients, and environmental samples.
Features and Benefits
- Results available as fast as 8 hours for 25 g samples / 10 hours for composite 375 g samples.
- Positive samples can be confirmed for stx genes in an additional 2 hours with GDS Shiga Toxin Genes (O157) assay (PN 71005BC).
- Validated for ground beef, beef trim, leafy greens, juices, and sprout irrigation water.
- Features innovative PickPen® immunomagnetic separation (IMS) for additional specificity and fast time to results.
- Simplified sample prep does not require heating blocks or preparation of reagents.
Each 100 test kit includes:
- E. coli O157:H7 Amplification Tubes Tq (0.2 mL)
- O157 Concentration Reagent
- Resuspension Buffer Tq
- Wash Solution
PCR, Immunomagnetic Separation (IMS)
AOAC is a registered trademark of AOAC International
Assurance is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
Assurance GDS is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
PICKPEN is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.