Recombinant Growth Factors and Transport Proteins
All our recombinant, non-animal origin (NAO) supplements are specifically formulated for cell culture applications. Recombinant manufacturing in state-of-the-art, cGMP production facilities ensures reliable and consistent supply, while also supporting simplified regulatory processes. You will find an industry-leading selection of recombinant supplements and process enzymes for your specific application, including:
- CellPrime® rAlbumin – ideally suited for media development, optimization or supplementation, it is used as an animal-free substitute for human/bovine serum albumin, removing the variability introduced by blood-derived proteins and safeguarding against adventitious virus or prion contaminations.
- CellPrime® rTransferrin – often used to replace serum transferrin in combination with recombinant albumin and recombinant insulin as a supplement mix in cell culture media formulations, CellPrime® rTransferrin removes the variability introduced by blood-derived proteins and safeguards against adventitious virus or prion contaminations.
- CellPrime® rInsulin – extending the long-term viability of various cell lines while enhancing cell growth and protein production, this NAO supplement is often used in upstream processes for monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), viral vaccines, and stem cell expansion.
- CellPrime® rTrypsin – used to dissociate and resuspend adherent cells during harvest in vaccine production, it can also be utilized for stem cell cultures, dislodging adherent cells grown on carriers while preserving the structural and functional integrity of cell surface markers. Other applications include recombinant insulin manufacturing and general life science cell culturing.
- CellPrime® rTrypsin STD – a companion product to CellPrime® rTrypsin, it is released against the criteria set forth in the USP monograph for crystallized trypsin (USP 43, 2013). Specific activity is determined using BAEE as the substrate, with less stringent requirements for distribution between the alpha and beta isoforms of the enzyme.
- CellPrime® rLysozome – more potent than animal-derived enzymes, CellPrime® rLysozome can be used to lyse bacterial cells more conveniently and gently at a comparable cost, while offering a non-animal derived safety profile.
As part of our comprehensive portfolio, we also offer animal-derived cell culture supplements used globally in diagnostics and numerous commercial biopharmaceutical products. While mammalian cells can be challenging to work with from a bioprocessing perspective, our experience and stringent product quality help you tackle complex processing and scale-up parameters with confidence.
In addition, we produce a variety of complementary products for specific cell culture and in vitro diagnostics (IVD) applications. Products such as bovine transferrin, EX-CYTE®, and bovine gamma globulin, for example, are specifically designed and produced to meet the quality and documentation needs of customers operating in a regulated environment.